Town of Kitty Hawk Large Item Pick Up Pilot Program
At their February 5th meeting, Town Council agreed to a pilot program that increases the number of Large Item Pick Ups from 2 to 4 times a year. The first pick up will be February 26, 2018. Additional pickups are scheduled for May 21, 2018, September 24, 2018 and November 19, 2018. Residents should place their items in the right-of-way for collection.
The following items can be collected:
- Furniture, mattresses, & box springs
- Old tires (no rims or commercial)
- Appliances (refrigerators should have doors removed)
- Scrap metals
- Waste motor oil (must be in a motor oil container)
The following items will not be collected:
- Household garbage
- Hot tubs and covers
- Vegetative debris (branches, yard clippings, etc.) (separate pick up date)
- Hazardous materials (paint, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, gasoline)
- Home re-modeling/construction debris
- Glass items (sliding doors, windows, mirrors, etc.)
For more information please contact Town Hall at 252-261-3552 or Public Works at 252-261-1367. You can also email email@example.com
Town residents are welcome and encouraged to utilize the Recycling Center located at 4190 Bob Perry Road, next to the Dare County Boat Ramp, to dispose of large items at their convenience. Please contact Town Hall for hours and requirements.
Recycling in the Town of Kitty Hawk – Curbside Pick-Up
The Town of Kitty Hawk is excited to announce a new voluntary subscription recycling program for residential customers for a monthly service fee. Recycling pick-up is every Monday. Contact Outer Banks Hauling at 252-480-6699 for more information.
Monthly Building Permit Report