Pursuant to North Carolina General Statute 15-12, the Town of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina gives Notice. There are numerous items currently held in the custody of the Town of Kitty Hawk Police Department. These items are considered found, abandoned, recovered, or unclaimed property that will be destroyed and are described as follows:
– Women’s and Men’s new brand name clothing and accessories
– Various jewelry to include a diamond solitaire engagement ring
– Electronics, personal computers, cell phone accessories, headphones, stereo, and a recreational drone
– Tools to include power saws, drills, and various hand tools
– Bicycles, Bicycle components, and a mini motor bike
– Coin collection
ll persons who may have to claim interest herein must make and establish such claim or interest no later than thirty days from the date of this publication or be in default thereof; such articles will be sold or disposed of.
Questions regarding any of these items should be directed to the Criminal Investigation Division at the Kitty Hawk Police Department- (252) 261- 3895 between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Intended public auction date is Wednesday, November 17, 2021, at 9:00am. The auction will be conducted at Kitty Hawk Town Hall parking lot.
After auction, removal and recycling of remaining items will be conducted at Kitty Hawk Police Department or Kitty Hawk Public Works Storage Facility beginning Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 9:00 am.
All items will be destroyed and/ or recycled.
All items will be auctioned as is and all sales are final. Cash payment only. Funds
from all sales will be transferred to the Dare County School Board.