The land off the coasts of Kitty Hawk, both in the ocean and sound, fall under the jurisdiction of the Coastal Area Management Act (CAMA). Many inland water areas also are under CAMA jurisdiction. CAMA requires permits for most land-disturbing activities within an area of environmental concern.

There is a CAMA local permit officer available at the Town Hall located at 101 Veterans Memorial Dr. to assist the citizens of the Town with all Minor applications and permits.  All inquiries concerning CAMA should be directed to Rob Testerman, Director of Planning and Inspections,  at 261-3552 in the Kitty Hawk Town Hall.

For more information on CAMA, please click here.

CAMA Land Use Plan CAMA Forms